Sunday 6 December 2009

An Autunm Leaf with Attitude - short version


AN AUTUMN LEAF WITH ATTITUDE 2

This season is done, but
I’ll leave in a blaze.
I’ve changed already.
I’m a chameleon of earth colours
fluttering at the tip of my branch.

I was a note in the symphony.
You listened to me rise and fall
with the breeze.
Watched me move,
vibrant,
in the dappled light.

I watch my cousins
sail the burn
to some far away bank.
I smell their bodies
feeding the earth.

When the time is right
I’ll join the fall,
become part of the ensemble.

We will fly on the wind,
cover you like a storm
and feel children play
amazed by our bounty.

Ray Harris © 2009

3 comments:

  1. really lovely end of autum poem dod, made me feel a little sad then left on a happy note as the dead leaves were enjoyed by others :) whens the winter poem coming? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe's, I'd like to do another poem, now that you're online againg, maybe we could do a collaboration,

    Dxxxxx

    ReplyDelete