Wednesday 4 November 2009

Baby blogger

My status as a baby blogger gives me a chance to ask some basic questions about blogging and I have been pleased to get some responses. People blog because they like writing and I can go with that. They also like having a forum to write about the things they are interested in and inspire them. There is also the philosophical question: why blog? – why do anything? I am intending to write this blog to share ideas about the things I am interested in with people who are also interested in them. It is also a great way to practice writing regularly, which, if you have any pretensions of being a writer is a good idea to do. Writers should also read a lot which makes writing a double whammy, unless of course you enjoy reading, which I do.
I am really pleased that Zoë has responded to my Autumn Leaves poetry project by sending me a poem of her own. Tonight I am going to my Creative Writing group and I will read them my ‘Autumn Leaf with an Attitude’ poem. Constructive criticism is always a good thing. So I hope that's what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment