Sunday 13 March 2016

The Prequel - Shetland 2009 Day -1


In 2009 I travelled to Shetland by train from Edinburgh and ferry overnight from Aberdeen. I didn't realise it at the time but this was the beginning of my love affair with the North Sea Cycle Route. Between 2009 and 2012, I found out about the longest signed route in the world and got a map of it, which went on the wall in my kitchen and gave me hours of looking and planning. In the end I bought a ticket to fly to Bergen in Norway and  start the biggest adventure of my life have ever undertaken. The blog starts after the photos


The Brock at Mousa






Iron age recon

Jarlswick

Sunburgh Head




In 2009 I travelled to Shetland by train from Edinburgh and ferry overnight from Aberdeen. I didn't realise it at the time but this was the beginning of my love affair with the North Sea Cycle Route. Between 2009 and 2012, I found out about the longest signed route in the world and got a map of it, which went on the wall in my kitchen and gave me hours of looking and planning. In the end I bought a ticket to fly to Bergen in Norway and  start the biggest adventure of my life have ever undertaken.








No comments:

Post a Comment