Friday 20 August 2010

Normal Service will be resumed… probably

I’ve had that ‘oh no I can’t be 60’ feeling this week, but much to my surprise, I have enjoyed hitting the big 60 immensely. It  involved lots of good wishes from all sorts of people and getting together with loved ones, friends and colleagues for meals and celebrations… and there's more to come!
Even so I have managed three pretty hard but worthwhile runs. On Monday I went around my favourite river-side run just outside Haddington. I was with Frank and we went at a fairly good lick for about 7 miles. Wednesday saw the annual Carfrea mill to Gifford run over the Lammermuir Hills. This involves taking a bus out to Carfrae Mill Hotel and running along a B road to the old drovers road and following it over the hills and back along quiet country roads to Gifford. En route you see some of the best views in East Lothian. Last night saw the final of the summer series at the John Muir country park, just outside Dunbar. This involves an eyeballs out circuit through the woods and along the tidal estuary and when you have done it once, you do it again. Anne and Stuart Hay do a great job in organising this event and laying on a top class bbq afterwards. I like this  event and the series because they are informal and get the local clubs together. Last night there were awards to the series winners, who have completed at least four races and have the lowest number of points (for race places) over the series. So I am now in need of a little recuperation, but pleased to be back in the fray again.

Last Sunday I spent a glorious day in the sunshine at Whitesands beach and finished off a sketch of Barnes Ness Light House I had started last April. Again it was done with the magic stabilo pens.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment