Wednesday 5 January 2011

And a Happy New Year to You!

I don’t know about you, but I didn’t make any real resolutions this year. Maybe it’s the snow, ice, viruses and running injuries which have led me to believe that just surviving the winter will be quite an achievement or maybe it’s that SAD thing that makes me want to sit on a comfy sofa and read a good book. Whichever it is, life has a habit of getting you back into the swing of things. It happened today with a good dose of going back to work blues. Although it didn’t work out as bad as it might have done. Those old familiar pieces of work were pleased to see me and I was amazed at how quickly I could forget all about them when I was away.


Life is starting up again. I can even get through the snow and ice to the Dalkeith creative writing class. Even my acrylic painting teacher has been able to take her car out, ‘for the first time for five and half weeks,’ she said.

So I’m looking forward to getting back into the routine of too much to do and start to be productive again. With the new Creative writing tutor, Tom Murray at Dalkeith tonight and the new sets of paints I got for Christmas, I will have plenty of reasons to put that book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment