Sunday 19 May 2013

Waves and mist

Went along to Ravensheugh beach, Tyninghame for a run with Harvey this morning. I was pleased to see that a thick mist had enveloped the coast because it meant that there were not too many people around. Since the so called Spring arrived, I have noticed that Harvey has been very flighty. I think his sap is up and it means he becomes bohooki magnet when any female dogs have even the smallest trace of hormone about them. He also tends to get into more I'm a tougher dog than you stand offs. The good news is that he knows the route we do like the back of his paws and he is mostly good company as a fellow runner.
The run is a figure 8 which heads through the woods and behind the dunes. We cross over the dunes at the far end and run along the beach to the low cliffs at the far end. Then its along the edge path around past the stone seat and back through the woods and around the beach to spit island at Tyne sands. We go to the far end of the spit on the south side and come back on the north side. After that there is a loop through the woods which takes you back to the car park.
It wasn't long till we came across the first lot of dogs and Harvey did his I'm tougher than you routine to a lab that was about twice his size. The run along the beach was surreal, with a thick mist tucked up tight to the biggish waves crashing in. It gave the run a bit of extra novelty... I know, but heck that's me. After the second woods Harvey reappeared from one of his wanderings and headed straight past me, going in the wrong direction to a group of dogs I thought he hadn't noticed. No diplomatic faux paws happened this time and the rest of the run consisted of me plodding along in fairly straight line and Harvey running all over the place. I put him on the lead before we got to the car park because, in the mood he was in he would have gone off for another solitary run which would involve me waiting around for half an hour (well 10 minutes.)
I forgot to take Harvey's ball, which keeps him closer at hand, and my Edmondo... must do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment