Tuesday 27 March 2012

Telford College and the Swamp

Last Tuesday I went along for my  interview at Telford college. I have applied for the foundation course in Art and Design.http://triboy57.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/telford-college-foundation-course-in.html
 To start with the head of  department explained that there are three courses on offer. A first diploma, a National Diploma and the Foundation Diploma. They are all classed as Further Education, but there is no doubt that the Foundation Diploma is the most stretching of the three and it gets you onto the second year of an art degree course. You have to pass each assessable stage to go on to the next. We were being softened up to accept something less than Foundation if the staff thought that was where we were at. The interview itself lasted about twenty minutes and a lot of that time was taken up with admin details. My interviewer told me that she thought I was Foundation level and that they liked my Portfolio. Obviously, there is a lot of room for improvement... or else why bother going there? In particular, I will be getting to learn how to use sketch pads properly. That is if I get in. We will hear about that towards the end of April.

It was the last water colour class for this term with Sheena Phillips today. We were left to our own devices. I decided to do some scraping out and  paint spraying. I wanted to create a swampy effect. I think these techniques hold some promise... so I'll have a go at some more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment